A wonderfully warming whisky cocktail – ideally sipped while you’re sat by the fire in a tastefully understated Christmas jumper.
- Combine a teaspoon of gingerbread syrup*, 60ml whisky and a sploosh of bitters in a mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir well for sixty seconds.
- Strain into a chilled old fashioned glass, over ice.
- Garnish with an amaretto cherry (Christmas tincture optional).
* You can make your own by adding ginger and cinnamon to a basic simple syrup recipe (follow Nigella’s recipe here) or use the pre-mixed Starbucks or Monin versions that are reasonably easy to find in the shops at this time of year.