An applejack and cinnamon-spiked Manhattan variant.
Add 50ml rye whiskey, 25ml applejack, 15ml cinnamon vermouth and two dashes of bitters to a mixing glass with cubed ice.
- Stir well and strain into a chilled coupe.
- Garnish with a dried apple slice and cinnamon stick.
To make the cinnamon infused vermouth, add ten cinnamon sticks to a 750ml bottle of sweet vermouth and leave to infuse for 2-3 days.
To make the apple chips:
- Preheat your oven to 95’C.
- Slice an apple into thin slices and place in a 8:1 water to lemon juice solution for half an hour (to prevent browning).
- Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 1-2 hours until golden brown.