Two seasonal flavours combine in this refreshing highball.
At some point during the Christmas festivities, you might be grateful for a long, refreshing drink with subtle notes of some of the lighter flavours of the season:
For the drink:
- Muddle 15-20 cranberries at the base of a cocktail shaker.
- Add 50ml gin, 30ml fresh lime juice, 15ml pine syrup* and a dash of bitters.
- Add ice and shake to chill.
- Strain into a highball glass over ice and top with soda water.
For the pine syrup:
- Combine equal parts sugar and water and a handful of pine needles.
- Steep for at least two hours.
- Strain and keep (in the fridge) for up to three weeks.